The Future of B2B Sales Prospecting Tools
We face many of the same challenges in sales as 20 years ago: finding leads, warming them up making a compelling pitch, and of course the final conversion. But it’s 2020. The last thing that should be holding your sales back are sales prospecting tools.
Here are the top 23 sales tools (particularly around effective prospecting) that we find the most promising for the future of sales.
How These Sales Prospecting Tools Can Help Your Business in 2020
There are a million and one ways to go about sales prospecting (let alone actually cold calling, running demos, running a cold email campaign, etc). But these tools help you get ahead of the curve.
The benefits of using the right sales tools boil down to three interrelated net positives. With sales tools, you can:
- Discover more leads
- Boost your sales team’s efficiency
- Build a better sales pipeline
As we wrote in last year’s edition, it’s not 1987 anymore. No one is here for the hard sell. Instead, use these sales tools to hone in your messaging, find qualified leads, and personalize your message.
Sales Prospecting Tools
First things first: you’ll have to find leads that not only fit your value proposition but also have a pain point that your product can solve.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is LinkedIn on steroids for sales teams. While LinkedIn can be used effectively for marketing and inbound sales, Sales Navigator takes it to the next level for outbound efforts.
- Use advanced search filters to hone in on specific segments, companies, and targeted leads.
- Save leads, accounts, and searches to make your prospecting efforts more efficient.
- Send InMail messages directly to the most promising leads.
- Expand both your account-based marketing and your cold email campaigns.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator costs $80/month, or $135 per seat for the Team account. You can also get started with a free trial to test its features.
Speaking of LinkedIn Sales Navigator, you’ll need some way to contact all of those promising leads (since you’re limited to just 30 InMail messages per month).
With Wiza, you can export your saved lead lists and your searches as you prospect. With lead email addresses, you’ll have a much more direct way of warming prospects up.
- Extract valid email addresses from LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Integrate with Salesforce and email outreach tools.
- Run ‘no-email’ scrapes to support account-based efforts.
- Set up cold email campaigns on the same platform.
Wiza is $50/month for the Pro account (300 valid emails), or $100 for the Team account (1,000 valid emails and unlimited seats). You can get started with 20 free email credits.
Blaze Verify offers exactly what it sounds like: email verification for your existing lead lists. Clean up your lists and determine which emails are the most promising for deliverability.
- Upload .csv files to verify directly on the platform.
- Use an API to verify emails in your own system.
- Deduplicate emails, verify domains and get an email quality score.
Blaze Verify is priced by email credit: it’s half a cent per record, so $25 for 5,000 emails. You can get started with 250 credits for free.
Clearbit is a marketing data engine for customer interactions. Sales teams can use Clearbit to “identify ideal prospects, find more like them, and reach out when the timing is right.”
- Enrich records without research and data entry.
- Set up custom scoring and routing rules.
- Use the Prospecting tool to access 200 million contacts at 20 million companies.
Clearbit pricing is available upon request.
Prospect.io is billed as the “sales automation platform”. The SaaS combines lead generation and outbound so you can roll everything into the same prospecting tool.
- Build lists with the email finder, Chrome Extension, and email verification tool.
- Automate outbound emails and schedule follow up calls.
- Analyze efforts for optimization down the road.
Prospect.io starts at $79/month for the “Essential” plan (up to 250 email credits) and offers 1,000 email credits for $129/month.
Spotio is built for outside sales. Built as a mobile app for sales reps and a web application for managers, Spotio focuses on getting more of the right leads and boosting the productivity and output of field sales reps.
- Provide sales reps with high-quality leads.
- Eliminate administrative tasks from your sales process.
- Get real-time visibility into your outside sales reps’ activity.
Spotio pricing starts at $39/month per user or $69/month per user for teams over 10.
Owler gives you comprehensive competitive information for nearly millions of companies. It can also give you information about the company’s financials and top execs.
- Fill your report sheet with all the insights you need to make a data-driven approach.
- Set up news alerts for the highest value accounts.
- Sync with Salesforce for automatic updates to your leads and accounts.
Owler starts its pricing at $49/month or $420/year.
Echobot helps you through four main phases of your B2B sales. This includes sales preparation, establishing contacts, offer & conclusion, and after-sales. Each step with echobot uses various features to help you optimize your B2B sales pipeline.
- Optimizes your sales processes specifically for B2B sales
- Recognizes cross-selling and up-selling potential
- Automatically observes and alerts you on relevant lead conversion behavior
Prices for echobot are available upon request. This is due to the customizable options that you can include in your plan.
Email & Outbound Tools
With lead lists and emails, it’s time to start reaching out directly. These tools will help you do it effectively.
Mailshake is the tool for when you’re ready to move from lead generation to actual outreach. It’s meant to set up and track cold email campaigns.
- Send cold emails at scale (thousands of emails in one campaign).
- Track engagement via email, phone, and social media.
- Set up sequences for automatic follow up.
- Clean your lead lists for better initial email outreach.
Mailshake starts at $59/month (and you can pay extra for lead list cleaning).
GMass brings mail merge to Gmail. Instead of using an external platform, you use the GMass extension to draft mass cold emails directly in Gmail, then send as a mail merge campaign.
- Set up mail merge campaigns with automatic sequences.
- Connect with Google Sheets to use existing lead lists.
- Personalize, schedule, and track email engagement.
GMass starts at $8.95/month, but you’ll have to upgrade to $12.95/month to remove the GMass branding.
Reply.io offers both sales prospecting and outreach capabilities. Use the Chrome extension to find new prospects, then you can use the rest of the platform for engagement.
- Set up sequences across channels, including email and phone.
- Automatically generate a list of daily to-dos based on your sequences.
- Track campaign results and run A/B tests.
Reply.io pricing starts at $200/month for up to 3 users.
While NinjaOutreach is designed for influencer outreach, it can be a helpful prospecting tool for sales. Influencers are often decision-makers, after all.
- Find the leaders in your niche.
- Schedule email campaigns based on suggested templates.
- Use the built-in CRM for easier team collaboration.
NinjaOutreach pricing begins at $49/month (with the annual plan), or $120 month-to-month.
MailChimp is known as the king of email marketing, but sales teams can also use the tool effectively.
It’s a good option to engage with warm leads that have already opted in.
- Track email effectiveness and analytics.
- Customize messaging for each lead.
- Schedule emails to be sent out at the perfect moment.
MailChimp starts at $14.99/month for a plan. This even includes email automation.
Outreach.io is a sales engagement platform built for account-based, inbound and outbound sales processes.
- Manage all your prospecting activities on the platform.
- Set up outreach campaigns and follow-up using email and voice.
- Automate and personalize your sales campaigns.
Outreach.io pricing is available upon request.
Sales Meeting Tools
The stage we’ve all been waiting for: booking a meeting and getting those sales conversations going.
Once you have qualified your lead, it’s time to reel them in with a winning demo.
You could use a basic meeting tool and allow your lead to see all your notifications, or you could use Demodesk to create a perfectly curated and interactive space.
- Uses a virtual display so you don’t have to share your local desktop.
- Schedule meetings with custom calendar links and syncing.
- Use cloud screen sharing with remote user controls for more engaged demos.
- Coach your team with playbooks, slides, and templates for new reps.
Demodesk’s pricing starts at $39/month for screen sharing and scheduling. But check out the pricing page for more information on prices and features.
PhoneBurner is focused on inside sales outreach for both email and phone numbers. While the sales tool focuses on power dialing, sales teams can also use the CRM and email features.
- Automatically dial leads and leave voicemails
- Manage leads and efforts with the platform’s CRM.
- Automate workflow for your sales team.
Pricing for PhoneBurner starts at $149/month per user.
Zoom is another sales meeting tool with various capabilities. It is a simple video conferencing software that combines webinar hosting, chat functionalities, and the ability to share your local desktop screen. However, the features do vary depending on the plan you select.
- Audio and video conferencing
- Webinar hosting for live virtual events and broadcasting
- Create private or public chat groups
Zoom can be free for a basic personal account but the starting price for a team account is $13.99 per month.
join.me brings together note-taking, video conferencing, and mobile applications. With this product, you can download the application or use your desktop for your video conferencing. There is even a way to use your tablet to display your written notes within the video call.
- Local desktop screen sharing capability
- Mobile app “White Boarding”
- A downloadable application for video conferencing
Pricing for join.me begins at $9/month for the lite plan all the way to $24/month for the business plan.
Sales Pipeline Tools
To keep those sales calls going, you’ll need a way to manage your pipeline. From simple collaboration to pipeline visualization, these tools will help.
If growth breeds more growth, ChartMogul helps you boost your sales by visualizing how far you’ve come. The platform is focused on visualizing your sales analytics.
- Visualize subscription analytics (revenue and customer data).
- Automate financial reporting.
- Integrate with your payment processor and customer-facing apps (i.e. Intercom or Mailchimp).
ChartMogul pricing is based on MRR. It’s free up to $10k MRR, then $25 for every additional $10k.
Close.com combines pipeline view, calling, lead management, and email automation for sales teams.
- Set up the workflow that will work best for your team.
- Minimize administrative tasks and data entry.
- Create multiple pipelines for different teams, products or sales processes.
Close.com pricing starts at $65/month per user for the basic version.
Hubspot is an inbound sales tool that can closely align with your marketing department. This CRM system also simplifies the management of your leads through the sales process and makes communication more customized.
- There are available integrations to connect all your sales tools.
- Get the conversation going with an online website chat function.
- Automate your sales follow-ups without being impersonal.
Hubspot starts its pricing at $50/month for the Sales Hub. You can also combine this subscription with other Hubspot services like the Marketing Hub or Service Hub.
If you haven’t heard about this cloud-based software already, Salesforce is a CRM system. This product allows you to track your lead through the sales funnel while providing various metrics for sales goal evaluations.
- Use reports and dashboards for sales forecasting.
- Track all your leads through the integration of different tools.
- Better understand your team’s deals with opportunity management
Pricing for Salesforce ranges from $25 to $300 per user/month. Each plan includes a different variety of features you can choose from.
Pipedrive, as the name implies, is built to manage sales team pipelines. Billed as the ‘original’ CRM, Pipedrive offers a simpler version of SFDC along with pipeline management.
- Visualize your sales pipeline with indicators for where leads are in the funnel.
- Follow up consistently with email and text alerts.
- Combine with your email efforts by setting up campaigns on the same platform.
Pipedrive starts at $15/month per user.
Pipefy is billed as the “Work Management Platform” — and works well for sales teams. With the Sales Pipeline template, you can manage sales in a kanban style.
- Track and report pipeline numbers as a team.
- Automate tasks and approvals.
- Prioritize and assign action items on the fly.
Pipefy pricing starts at $9/month but you can get started for free.
We hope this list of the Top Inside Sales Prospecting Tools for 2020 inspires you to refresh your sales process for the new decade. Sales prospecting isn’t always a piece of cake, so make it easier on yourself by employing only the best tools. Now go ahead and conquer 2020 with your new favorite inside sales prospecting tools!
Make the most out of every customer conversation.
No downloads. 7-day free trial. No credit card.