Thesis/Interdisciplinary Project (IDP)
We are looking for students to write their thesis with us as well as IDP teams (up to 3 students) in full- or part-time to support us in building the best and smartest screen sharing software out there.
Depending on your skills and interests, there are different areas for possible IDP projects:
- Server virtualization & microservices:
Help us enhance our screen sharing technology.
Experience with Linux, X11, Kubernetes is ideal.
- Web app development:
Improve our frontend and implement new features using Vue.js (similar to Angular/React)
Possible faculties (dep. on your preference):
TUM Chair of Entrepreneurial Finance (Prof. Braun)
TUM Chair of Strategy & Organisation (Prof. Welpe)
TUM Chair of Data Processing (Prof. Diepold)
Demodesk is building the world's first intelligent online meeting tool with the vision to enable anyone to have great
customer conversations. Web conferencing tools that are being used today are purely functional. They hardly offer anything
beyond video calling and local desktop sharing. In a time where almost all companies build web-based software, it's
needlessly complicated to route screen sharing through local desktops still. And even though AI and NLP are slowly upgrading
call recording, vendors are still having a hard time making sense of sales conversations at scale and tracking meaningful data.
We have developed a new approach to screen sharing. Traditional tools only record a video of the presenter's local desktop screen. We set up a 100% web-based virtual display instead, that anyone can access by just clicking a link. By utilizing a virtual display, our software can automatically load the right presentation content at the meeting start, provide real-time conversational guidance on the sales rep's side without the customer seeing it and have significantly more data to analyze than existing tools.
Help us redefine web conferencing and be ready to play an essential role in achieving this goal by joining our international team in San Francisco and Munich.
- Well-funded and backed by Silicon Valley's top investors and angels, including Y Combinator
- Fast-growing, diverse and international team of tech enthusiasts and entrepreneurs
- Unique proprietary screen sharing technology using a demanding tech stack
- Full responsibility from day one and being part of our hierarchy-free and results-driven working environment
- Competitive salary plus optional stock compensation package
- Flexible working hours and annual travel allowance for working remotely
- Attractive perks including gym memberships, German language course, top of the line MacBook or Linux machine, professional development budget of 1.500 € per year
- Regular team events like dinners, Oktoberfest, ski trips and much more