Senior Front-End Engineer (m/f/d)
As a Front-End Engineer (m/f/d) in the Engineering Team, you will define the future look and feel of Demodesk. Your day to day will include:
- Building new features and functionality into our platform.
- Assessing what to build now, later, and in the future.
- Refining existing features to make them more reliable, functional, elegant, and easy to use.
- Launching features (without an overbearing bureaucratic approval process).
- Getting feedback from your team and your users every single day.
- Working with and learning from talented colleagues who have solved some of technology’s most demanding problems.
- Developing fun stuff to delight our users. (We’ve already done a lot of the tedious foundational work).
- Selecting new colleagues by participating in the hiring process.
- 3+ years working with frontend frameworks and libraries professionally
- Knowledge of modern frontend framework Vue/React and its internals
- You know your way around the performance profiling and debugging tools in your web browser of choice.
- Diving into a new system to understand performance bottlenecks excites you.
- You are a strong communicator and are equally comfortable talking with your immediate team, other frontend engineers and backend infrastructure engineers.
- You are ready to learn, but just as excited to teach.
- You understand that the perfect solution is informed by the people who will be building on your work, rather than being purely dependent on technical merits. Empathy is a feature.
Demodesk is building the world's first intelligent online meeting tool with the vision to enable anyone to have great
customer conversations. Web conferencing tools that are being used today are purely functional. They hardly offer anything
beyond video calling and local desktop sharing. In a time where almost all companies build web-based software, it's
needlessly complicated to route screen sharing through local desktops still. And even though AI and NLP are slowly upgrading
call recording, vendors are still having a hard time making sense of sales conversations at scale and tracking meaningful data.
We have developed a new approach to screen sharing. Traditional tools only record a video of the presenter's local desktop screen. We set up a 100% web-based virtual display instead, that anyone can access by just clicking a link. By utilizing a virtual display, our software can automatically load the right presentation content at the meeting start, provide real-time conversational guidance on the sales rep's side without the customer seeing it and have significantly more data to analyze than existing tools.
Help us redefine web conferencing and be ready to play an essential role in achieving this goal by joining our international team in San Francisco and Munich.
- Well-funded and backed by Silicon Valley's top investors and angels, including Y Combinator
- Fast-growing, diverse and international team of tech enthusiasts and entrepreneurs
- Unique proprietary screen sharing technology using a demanding tech stack
- Full responsibility from day one and being part of our hierarchy-free and results-driven working environment
- Competitive salary plus optional stock compensation package
- Flexible working hours and annual travel allowance for working remotely
- Attractive perks including gym memberships, German language course, top of the line MacBook or Linux machine, professional development budget of 1.500 € per year
- Regular team events like dinners, Oktoberfest, ski trips and much more