Data Engineer / Head of Data Engineering (m/f/d)
As Data Engineer you will enable Demodesk to answer the most critical business questions by providing actionable data insights. You’ll have the opportunity to shape and influence any strategic decision at Demodesk. We believe data is of utmost importance. Therefore your role is crucial for setting us up for success. Ideally, you want to grow into a Head of Data Engineering role quickly and lead all data communication for Demodesk.
Your day to day will include:
- Collaborate closely with Product Leadership, Business, and other stakeholders to enable data-driven decision-making and contribute to the overall direction of the company
- Work extremely closely with all departments from Sales, Customer Success, Marketing and Engineering
- Own the whole data journey to enable fast and data-driven decision making across all functional teams.
- Analyze customer journeys and working on improving attribution model
- Perform data quality check-ups and monitor processes to ensure accuracy
- Take care of data integration and database management
- Take full ownership over the whole data journey to enable fast and data-driven decision making across all functional teams.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in a fast-growing international SaaS company as a leading Business Intelligence developer/consultant, data engineer or data analyst
- Experience in setting up data pipelines, managing data warehouses, creating data models and data visualization
- Fluency in English
- You structure proactively data sources, improve data quality and create data visualizations
- You know how to structure and execute projects in a high-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- You are familiar with SQL, data warehouses, ETL and data visualizations tools (Tableau, Looker)
- Leadership experience is a strong plus
Demodesk is building the world's first intelligent online meeting tool with the vision to enable anyone to have great
customer conversations. Web conferencing tools that are being used today are purely functional. They hardly offer anything
beyond video calling and local desktop sharing. In a time where almost all companies build web-based software, it's
needlessly complicated to route screen sharing through local desktops still. And even though AI and NLP are slowly upgrading
call recording, vendors are still having a hard time making sense of sales conversations at scale and tracking meaningful data.
We have developed a new approach to screen sharing. Traditional tools only record a video of the presenter's local desktop screen. We set up a 100% web-based virtual display instead, that anyone can access by just clicking a link. By utilizing a virtual display, our software can automatically load the right presentation content at the meeting start, provide real-time conversational guidance on the sales rep's side without the customer seeing it and have significantly more data to analyze than existing tools.
Help us redefine web conferencing and be ready to play an essential role in achieving this goal by joining our international team in San Francisco and Munich.
- Well-funded and backed by Silicon Valley's top investors and angels, including Y Combinator
- Fast-growing, diverse and international team of tech enthusiasts and entrepreneurs
- Unique proprietary screen sharing technology using a demanding tech stack
- Full responsibility from day one and being part of our hierarchy-free and results-driven working environment
- Competitive salary plus optional stock compensation package
- Flexible working hours and annual travel allowance for working remotely
- Attractive perks including gym memberships, German language course, top of the line MacBook or Linux machine, professional development budget of 1.500 € per year
- Regular team events like dinners, Oktoberfest, ski trips and much more